Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bitchy Rant

There’s a female in our batch, she used to be there in our college too. Which goes to show that I have known her somewhat since the last four years. In fact, if it can be called so, our ‘relationship’ goes deeper than just knowing each other. There’s a compelling, seething, writhing and complex emotional bond existing between us. I sincerely have no idea how it came to be, but I can safely say that the genesis of this bond was given seed by her, or if not seed then its formulation was brought about by her divulging nature. Like all relationships, it is not something that I enjoy very much, feel uncomfortable most of the times it comes to force, and question its meaning throughout the time of our simultaneous presence within 10 feet of each other. I really don’t understand why it is the way it is, what did I do to bring things to this state, or how should I go about correcting it.

The bond that I talk about, is one of mutual and unadorned hatred. I had never really noticed or given any credence to her until the day I came to know that she has been calling me a kutta(dog) all over the place. This happened when we had entered the second year of our engineering course and the news came to me after it had spread to various other quarters of our college. Now in normal circumstances it wouldn’t have made much of a difference as to who calls whom what, but in NIT Rourkela, may god bless its marauding soul, the population of females was very less, hence most of the males hankered after the females like dogs after a piece of meat(no pun intended). The name picked up for the simple reason it was given so by a female, and I became irritated, because normally a female would call me that after I have gone around with her, broken her heart or some such. But here I was genuinely bewildered. And so I picked up my arms of sarcasm, searched her person for probable seething remarks, and the forces that be had adorned her with a good many of them. So came out a spate of names for her, ‘Manchested united’, ‘3-hole Carom Board’, ‘Gujju Bitch’, etc. etc. the first two names have similar meaning, and I won’t be explaining them anymore. Also I always made sure that she was in hearing range(I have an unusually booming voice) when I used these terms and a lot others without refrain.

This went on for four years, and again, the forces that be landed us in the same job at the same place. I thought it would be a good time to lay down the stupidity and behave like responsible adults, but, yet again she has started with her antics. And I really don’t even feel like replying with the earlier tactics, it feels weary and nonsensical. I really don’t know what to do, maybe I will just ask her directly one day, “what the fuck do you want, you floating rotting flat board of wood?”. But that would be culpable under female harassment. Such dark times.

***UPDATE***

As of now things have settled down quite amicably between us. I asked her guy who's incidentally a friend of mine from college to clear things up for us, and going by her words, it was all a huge misunderstanding. This post is to be directed at other females from her batch who did the major groundwork. Anyhow, I am happy that we talked and cleared up stuff. Always the better option.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

god i think she really hates u...

Jain said...

@chinmaya: nothing new i think. you have any solutions as to handling the situation?

What's In A Name ? said...

Female harassment for sure, Milord!

vipul said...

jain my boy, i never knew u hated her that much!!! and still u dedicated more than 600 words to her. awsome dude.